Staff Software Engineer
Engineering · Vancouver, BC
CoPilot AI is a Vancouver-based SaaS start-up in hyper growth mode and our mission is to fundamentally change the way people connect with businesses. We believe in using AI to maximize authentic and beneficial human connections for businesses at scale.
As we scale into the next phase of growth (40–150+ employees), we are looking for Staff Software Engineers who are passionate about building cloud services and want to have a big impact on the overall strategy and growth of a company.
We welcome engineers that want more responsibilities and autonomy, and are ready for the trust that allows them the freedom to accomplish objectives the way they know best.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead cross-functional teams and coordinate with other departments to accomplish company wide objectives
- Design and implement efficient, maintainable, and effective architectures that will be used by teams company wide
- Unblock individuals and teams faced with technical challenges
- Lead by example and influence other engineering teams to improve team efficiency and effectiveness
Skills You’ll Need:
- 7+ years of product development experience, preferably in large scale cloud computing and/or distributed systems environments
- 4+ years of experience leading teams of engineers and working with other departments
- Solid knowledge of the principles, and practices of engineering, including the application of principles related to conceptual design, and project management
- Solid analytical skills to identify, assess and provide recommendations and to understand and manage project-related risks and opportunities
- An unnaturally strong tolerance for stress and an unstoppable drive to overcome all obstacles
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related fields. Masters or Ph.D. is a plus.
- Experience with .NET (C#, ASP.NET)
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with AI and machine learning
- Great interpersonal skills that enhance your ability to mentor junior engineers
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunities to personally make a huge impact on company growth
- Strong influence over team culture
- You’ll enjoy full benefits and 4 weeks of paid vacation a year
- You’ll get $2400 a year in wellness benefits for things like video games or sports
- You’ll work with a fun and ambitious team that knows no ceiling
CoPilot AI is a fast-growing, venture-backed enterprise SaaS/MarTech company headquartered in Vancouver. We were recently named a G2 High Performer 2019 and BC Technology Impact Award - Startup Success Finalist.