CoPilot AI is a Vancouver-based SaaS start-up with a mission: to create a kinder capitalism by enhancing digital human interactions, fundamentally changing the way people connect with businesses. Three billion people now live on social media, and yet, businesses and their sales teams are still operating on outdated tools like email and CRMs.
We believe in maximizing authentic and mutually beneficial human connections for business growth, which is why CoPilot AI automatically targets qualified people on social media, initiates one-to-one conversations and surfaces timely sales opportunities without requiring any cold calling, events, or expensive advertising. Our goal is to create a place where our customers can have more meaningful conversations at scale.
As we scale into the next phase, we are looking for a Vancouver-based Senior Back-End Engineer to join our Engineering team!
Our Systems and Infrastructure team is looking for a Senior Back-end Engineer who is passionate about building cloud services and strives to make a significant impact on the overall strategy and growth of our company. In this role, you will be building the framework and infrastructure of our back-end system to support our engineering team in reliably and securely building features on top. You will also mentor our junior engineers to help grow the engineering team.
We welcome engineers that want more responsibilities and autonomy, and are ready for the trust that allows them the freedom to accomplish objectives the way they know best.
The Senior Back-end Engineer plays a critical role in CoPilot AI’s ambitious growth plans and seamlessly combines industry knowledge, innovative vision, emotional intelligence, thought leadership and a solutions-driven approach to promote excellence in alignment with CoPilot AI’s people-first culture.
What you'll do:
- Design and implement distributed software services and solutions that are highly extensible and scalable
- Establish “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable
- Use Domain Driven Design to model the business domain to define boundaries of microservices
- Enhance the existing code and frameworks to improve the life of our engineering team
- Monitor our deployment environments to ensure high availability and reliability of our system
- Provide strong influence to our back-end architecture
- Review designs and code to maintain the high bar for quality
- Present in Lunch and Learns to share your knowledge and experience
- Mentor engineers to help build a strong, cohesive team
- Challenge the status quo and always look for ways to improve
- Collaborate with other developers and departments to create technical solutions that add to the growth of the company
- Be a team player who enjoys collaborating with, learning from, mentoring, and teaching other team members to create a positive work environment
This is an important role within the company, and our expectations are equally high. Whatever you do should drive growth in the right direction. We will reward the right candidate with career growth, professional development opportunities and perks. Most importantly, you will be part of a success story, joining a team of high-performing professionals committed to excellence.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of product development experience, preferably with a strong focus in back-end development of large scale cloud computing and/or distributed systems environments
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related fields
- Solid knowledge of the principles and practices of engineering, including the application of principles related to conceptual design
- Experience with mentoring junior engineers
- Strong resilience to overcome all obstacles
- Enviable interpersonal skills with the ability to build trusting relationships with team members, management and external partners
- Strong strategic thinking skills paired with the courage to challenge the status quo
- Extremely proactive and thrives in a dynamic, move-fast, roll-up-your-sleeves culture
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related fields
- Experience with .NET (C#, ASP.NET)
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with AI and machine learning
- Experience with MongoDB or NoSQL database
What's in it for you?
- $90,000 - $110,000 CAD base salary (+ 15% bonus)
- Work for one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada, according to Canadian Business
- A flexible work environment with access to our downtown Vancouver office (and a fully stocked kitchen!)
- Full health benefits customizable to your specific needs
- An additional $200 per month wellness spending account
- Generous vacation policy with opportunities for additional paid time off
- Regular team and company events designed to help you get to know your teammates better!
- Stock options upon hire
- A chance to be part of a break-out success story, working with other like-minded high performers
COVID-19 considerations: We have been allowing employees to work from home during the pandemic, but those who choose to come into the office may do so. We follow provincial recommendations for those who use the office.
CoPilot AI is a BC Technology Impact Award finalist and is named by Canadian Business as the winner of the Best Pivot award and one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies.
As an equal opportunity employer, CoPilot AI truly stands behind #diversity and are committed to creating an environment of inclusion where hiring decisions are based on merit and business needs and without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. CoPilot AI also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Our Values? Glad you asked!
#Ambition: We use our personal ambitions to focus us on solving our customers problems and making their lives easier, day by day
#Innovation: We're always innovating to create a simple yet powerful software tool where any person, with any level of experience, can use our product to achieve their goals
#Boldness: We commit to create a product that breaks the mold of tradition and disrupts the current market of out-of-date sales and prospecting methods
#Fun: Every day we strive to make prospecting and sales more fun for ourselves, and our customers, by bringing a more human element to prospecting
#Diversity: We value our diverse and energetic team. We celebrate the differences within ourselves while supporting the differences of our customers
#Trust and Transparency: We create trust and transparency by helping our customers uncover new opportunities, supporting their needs, and listening to their stories