Machine Learning Scientist (12 Month Contract)
CoPilot AI is a Vancouver-based SaaS start-up with a mission: to innovate the way people grow their business, by humanizing digital interactions, in a scalable way.
We believe in maximizing authentic and mutually beneficial human connections for business growth, which is why CoPilot AI automatically targets qualified people on social media, initiates one-to-one conversations, and surfaces timely sales opportunities without requiring any cold calling, events, or expensive advertising. Our goal is to create a place where our customers can have more meaningful conversations at scale.
As we scale into the next phase, we are looking for a Vancouver-based Machine Learning Scientist to join our R&D team!
Please note that this position is contingent upon the successful approval of our company's IRAP grant application.
Reporting to the Principal Engineer, the Machine Learning Scientist will develop and implement advanced algorithms and models, utilizing their expertise in machine learning and data analysis to extract insights, patterns, and predictions from large datasets, driving innovation and solving complex problems. The Machine Learning Scientist will be a key member of the R&D team, collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to research and develop cutting-edge machine learning solutions, driving forward the organization's technological advancements and strategic goals.
The Machine Learning Scientist plays a critical role in CoPilot AI’s ambitious growth plans and seamlessly combines industry knowledge, innovative vision, emotional intelligence, thought leadership and a solutions-driven approach to promote excellence in alignment with CoPilot AI’s people-first culture.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze large datasets to identify patterns, trends, and insights
- Design and develop machine learning algorithms and models
- Implement and fine-tune models for optimal performance and accuracy
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define project goals and requirements
- Evaluate and validate models using appropriate metrics and techniques
- Perform data preprocessing, cleaning, and feature engineering
- Conduct experiments and perform statistical analysis to assess model performance
- Optimize models for scalability, efficiency, and robustness
- Stay updated with the latest advancements and trends in machine learning
- Communicate findings and insights to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Collaborate on the integration of models into production systems
- Continuously improve models based on feedback and evolving requirements
This is an important role within the company, and our expectations are equally high. Whatever you do should drive growth in the right direction. We will reward the right candidate with career growth, professional development opportunities and perks. Most importantly, you will be part of a success story, joining a team of high-performing professionals committed to excellence.
Who you are:
- A Master's degree or Ph.D. in computer science, statistics, mathematics, or a related field. Ph.D. is preferred.
- Recent graduate with up to 2 years of relevant experience in applying machine learning algorithms and techniques in a professional or academic setting
- Have a strong background in mathematics, including linear algebra, calculus, and optimization.
- A strong foundation in statistics, including probability theory, regression analysis, and hypothesis testing.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, R, and SQL, as well as machine learning libraries and frameworks such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, and PyTorch.
- A deep understanding of the different types of machine learning algorithms, such as supervised learning, unsupervised learning, and reinforcement learning. Also be familiar with techniques such as decision trees, neural networks, and support vector machines.
- Proficiency in analyzing large datasets, including experience with data manipulation, data visualization, and data cleaning.
- Enviable interpersonal skills with the ability to build trusting relationships with team members, management and external partners
- Strong strategic thinking skills paired with the courage to challenge the status quo
- Extremely proactive and thrives in a dynamic, move-fast, roll-up-your-sleeves culture
What’s in it for you:
- Work for one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada, according to Canadian Business
- A hybrid work environment with access to our downtown Vancouver office that has amazing views of the harbour (and a fully stocked kitchen!)
- Generous vacation policy with opportunities for additional paid time off
- An environment that recognizes and promotes all contributions made by both individual contributors and managers across the organization
- A base salary of CAD $70,000 - $85,000
- Generous vacation policy and sick/mental health day policy
- Company-wide events hosted by our Culture Committee, as well as regular team events, designed to foster connections between CoPilotteers
- A chance to be part of a break-out success story, working with other like-minded high performers
As of April 8, 2022, employers are no longer required to have a COVID-19 Safety Plan and must follow communicable disease guidance instead. Currently, team members come into the office twice per week.
About CoPilot AI
CoPilot AI is a BC Technology Impact Award finalist and is named by Canadian Business as the winner of the Best Pivot award and one of Canada's Fastest-Growing Companies. Our product is consistently a G2 & Capterra leader.
As an equal opportunity employer, CoPilot AI truly stands behind #diversity and are committed to creating an environment of inclusion where hiring decisions are based on merit and business needs and without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. CoPilot AI also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Our Values? Glad you asked!
#Innovation: Build new things
#Boldness: Give a shit
#Authenticity: Be real
- Vancouver, BC
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
About CoPilot AI
CoPilot AI is a Vancouver-based SaaS start-up with a mission: to innovate the way people grow their businesses, by humanizing digital interactions, in a scalable way. We are a BC Technology Impact Award finalist, named by Canadian Business as the winner of the Best Pivot award and one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies. We were also recently named by Deloitte as a 2021 Canada Companies-to-Watch Winner.
Machine Learning Scientist (12 Month Contract)
Loading application form
Already working at CoPilot AI?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.